Copyright ©2017 Educate Autism. All Rights Reserved.
Terminology & Definitions
The term EducateAutism may be referred to herein as ‘We’, ‘Our’, or ‘Us’. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website and/or downloader of our printables.
The website content, including without limitation, the text, images, logos, videos, artwork, free materials, photographs, music and audio material are Copyright ©2017 Gavin Cosgrave unless otherwise stated.
You may not copy or modify any content, including without limitation, the text, images, logos, videos, artwork, free materials, photographs, music and audio material from EducateAutism.com.
You may not create any derivative works, recreate or redesign any content, including without limitation, the text, images, logos, videos, artwork, free materials, photographs, music and audio material from EducateAutism.com.
To take some examples (this is not an exhaustive list of examples):
- You may not take text from our website and put it on your website - unless the amount of text taken meets the criteria setup below under "Quotations from EducateAutism.com".
- You may not take one of our images and put it on your website.
- You may not take one of our images, edit it into a different colour scheme and then put it on your website.
You are not permitted to hotlink to any content on EducateAutism.com. This includes hotlinking to the free materials. Although these materials are provided freely for anyone to download you are not permitted to place a link on your own website directly to those documents.
Additionally, you are not permitted to place links from your website to the download pages for these free documents for any reason. This is to prevent websites passing these documents off as their own as well as preventing websites making revenue off advertising by presenting webpages with downloadable links.
Quotations from EducateAutism.com
You may quote a maximum of 150 words in total (that is, from the entire website and not per article) from EducateAutism.com. You must cite the source of this quote, inclusive of the domain name of origin. This limitation may be waived with written permission from the copyright holder Gavin Cosgrave under certain circumstances – please contact us for such requests.
You may download and print the free educational materials for personal and professional use. Professionals may print and provide the materials to clients but are not permitted to provide these materials for any additional commercial gain. In other words, professionals may use these materials as part of their work but must not add additional charge to clients for their use or provision.
These materials must be given without charge. You are not permitted to redistribute these materials in any format except printed hard copy. You are not permitted to remove the EducateAutism logo, the copyright notice or the EducateAutism copyright and website address at the bottom of each page.
To take one example, if you are working in a school for children with autism you are perfectly fine downloading our materials and using them as part of your paid employment. You are perfectly entitled to download them and hand them to another person to use in their employment. You are not allowed to download them and sell them to another person for any reason – you got them for free so make sure everyone else does too!
We do not want individuals passing these materials off as if they have paid for them and then seeking “reimbursement” by an institution or parent for their use – remember these materials are there to be used freely and not for your monetary gain. Basically anyone is allowed to use these materials as part of their work, whether you are being paid to conduct this work or not – but you are not allowed to gain monetarily by providing these materials to someone.
You have permission to:
- View our website (EducateAutism.com) and its content on a computer or mobile device.
- Print pages from this website for your own personal use (any commercial use either direct or indirect is not permitted).
- Link to webpages on our website (you may not link directly to images).
- Download the free materials for personal use.
- Redistribute the free materials through printed hard copy (materials must not be modified or have the EducateAutism.com copyright notice removed).
You do not have permission to:
- Copy any content from EducateAutism.com.
- Redistribute any content from EducateAutism.com.
- Link directly to images on our website.
- Through linking to our website imply in any way that EducateAutism.com is part of your own website.
A Note to Students
Please be aware that many colleges and institutions now use plagiarism tests on the reports and essays that you submit. For example, Turnitin is used by many institutions where they will cross reference your submitted work with those in your class, with websites (of which they continue to trawl the internet) and with submissions from other institutions.
In other words, the content of this website (EducateAutism.com) has likely been searched and noted by such plagiarism checkers, therefore you would be wise not to copy and paste any content for use in your reports. You have been warned!